Our Staff are Our Strength
One of our biggest strengths is the quality of our staff. Directors Nigel Stones and Phil Young have worked in the estate agency industry for more than 25 years combined. Together with a long established team including Jo-Anne Blow, Jennifer Bailey, Gemma Cousins, Nicole Alston and Jack Stones, who all live locally, we have a wealth of experience and industry knowledge. There is rarely an occasion or situation that may arise that we haven’t faced before and every team member prides themselves in the excellent level of customer service they offer.
Selling with Stones Young
We understand that selling your home can be a stressful experience and at Stones Young we pride ourselves in making the process as stress free as possible and are there to help you every step of the way.
From valuation, viewings, negotiating the best price for your property right through conveyancing to exchange of contracts and eventual completion we offer a friendly efficient service taking any pressure off both vendor and purchaser alike. “Service you deserve from people you can trust.”
Whilst some companies have a single point of contact, we believe it is important for all of our team to be aware of the position of each property. This approach ensures clients are not inconvenienced due to a member of staff being out of the office and can be easily updated by any member of our team.
Upon making your decision to sell your property the first step in the process is to find out the current value of your home.
We provide a Free Property Valuation service where we will come to your property at a mutually convenient time and discuss its value and other aspects of a move.
We are open six days a week and open until 5:30 pm on weekday evenings.
All new instructions are also advertised on our facebook page “Stones Young Sales”.
We believe high quality marketing generates the maximum number of viewings. Our brochures and internet marketing show both external and internal photographs of the highest standard. We will forward to you a colour draft brochure for approval prior to print. We always highlight the best features with our well written property descriptions which we feel is essential in showing potential purchasers what your property has to offer.
Floorplans can also be arranged if it is felt this will enhance the marketing of your property.
We prefer to accompany prospective buyers to all viewings. This means we find out what they genuinely think and this honest feedback helps us and the vendor to over come any potential objections. Feedback is always given as soon as we receive it and this gives us the opportunity to discuss frankly the best strategy to getting a house sold. We also give you the option of carrying out viewings yourself if you prefer.
After Sales Updates
Once we have found a buyer and conducted the normal financial checks, we liaise with the solicitors and mortgage providers to ensure matters proceed with a normal timeframe. We always liaise with other estate agents in any chain to ensure that all the related transactions are proceeding smoothly. Regular updates from us reduce the stress of the move.
Whether you are the landlord of a single property or a seasoned investor, our staff members are here to share their local knowledge and experience to ensure you maximise the return on your property investment.
We have been successfully managing properties since 2008 and currently have a portfolio of properties from over 100 landlords. We are pleased to inform you that we are members of the Ombudsman Scheme, MyDeposits and ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents).
- Stones Young offers landlords a professional and comprehensive letting service continuing our ethos to provide excellent service with a friendly and approachable manner. Our lettings portfolio is continually increasing mainly due to recommendations. Even as our business continues to grow we manage to maintain an honest and personal service, and all our staff members are experienced and fully trained in all aspects of letting. We are pleased to inform you that we are members of the Ombudsman Scheme, My Deposits and currently the only Blackburn based lettings agent member of The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA), the UK’s foremost professional body for letting agents whose members are professionals working at all levels of letting agency, from business owners to office employees. We also charge no set up fees for our landlords.
- Whether you are new to being a landlord or you have multiple properties, we are confident we have a letting option to suit you.
- Depending on your requirements we offer:
- Finding tenant only option
- Fully Managed Letting service
- For both options we fully advertise your property on www.stonesyoung.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk and www.zoopla.co.uk. All new Letting instructions are also advertised on our facebook page “Stones Young Lettings”. We produce a colour brochure including photographs. We conduct all viewings and when we feel we have found a suitable tenant we then gain your approval to carry out stringent checks and references which we feel ensures we get good quality tenants for your property. We will help you to prepare the property for letting, arranging an EPC, Landlord Gas Safety Certificate and advise you regarding all paperwork you are required legally to hold, as well as carrying out a pre-tenancy property visit to highlight any potential issues. Should you choose our fully managed letting service as well as dealing with administration throughout the tenancy including protecting any deposit, ongoing maintenance issues, we also carry out periodic property inspections and report back accordingly. We offer you complete support throughout the tenancy and help make being a landlord as stress free as possible. At the end of the tenancy we deal with all issues surrounding the condition of the property, arranging quotes for any necessary works followed by the refund of the deposit.
- Whilst some letting agents only make payment on a set date each month, we arrange payments to landlords within 3 days of a tenant’s payment being received and forward a statement of the payment for your records. Payments are managed by our in house qualified accountant. We also provide a free year end statement to assist our landlords with their self assessment affairs, a service we believe is unique to ourselves.
- There is of course much more involved than we can mention here and would be happy to discuss it personally in more detail.
Fees for Landlords
Fully Managed Service – 12% inc VAT of monthly rent
Finders only service – from 90% inc VAT of first month’s rent
(if an inventory is required for finders only – £102 inc VAT)
Payable by the tenant:
Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Stones Young) ‘the agent’
Holding deposit: 1 weeks rent
Deposit: 5 weeks rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
Payment of £50 including VAT if you want to change the tenancy agreement
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% over Bank of England base rate
Payment of £10 per key for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
Payment for a breach of the tenancy agreement up to the prescribed limit
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
Utilities – gas, electricity, water
Communications – telephone and broadband
Installation of cable/satellite
Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Stones Young is a member of ARLA Property Mark, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman Scheme, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on the agents website or by contacting the agent directly.
You can view our CMP Certificate here
Our contact details
Address:Stones Young Sales & Lettings
The Old Post Office
740 Whalley New Road